YOU HAVE QUESTIONS – WE HAVE ANSWERS!With summer camps and activities being cancelled at this uncertain time, we know your kids are craving some normalcy and SUMMER FUN. We can help.
A message from our Head Staff
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome all of our new campers and families to Rent-A-Counsellor.
Rent-A-Counsellor was found on 2 key principles; keeping campers active and smiling while keeping summer camp counsellors working while doing what they love to do!
We would like to thank you for inviting us to your homes!
As we open RAC, we are focused on achieving the following fundamental goals for our campers and families in the following process:
Weeks 1 & 2 | Monday June 22 – Sunday July 5, 2020
- Providing as many different families as possible the chance to Rent-A-Counsellor at least 1 time
- Utilizing our initial opportunities to meet and program with your kids first, before we open up our “Buddy Call” program, and start meeting their friends!
- Having our staff meet as many different campers as possible, which enables them to connect with many different families who may want to pre-book them on a more regular basis throughout the summer.
Week 3 | Monday July 6 – Sunday July 12, 2020
- Families will have the opportunity to Rent-A-Counsellor for same-staff multiple bookings
- Families will have the opportunity to purchase session packages on Pre-Booked dates
- Families will have the opportunity to purchase session packages, and simply book anytime! Tracking is simple!
“Buddy Call” program opens up for friends & families!
- Several new and innovative programs for campers to choose from
- Camper prize contests and more!
Just a few reminders for families as you begin to Rent A Counsellor:
- At this time, our staff are not permitted to enter camper homes for any reason, including to use the bathroom, unless agreed upon by both the family and the staff member. For that reason, camp session times are 2‐3 hours maximum.
- At this time, our staff and campers are not permitted to leave the residential property for the entire duration of the booked camp session.
- Camp programming will be able to venture away from the house starting Monday July 6.
- For children under 12 years of age, 1 parent/guardian must be home for the entire duration of the RAC programming at your home.
- For children 12 and older, parents may venture out for a short period of time during booked RAC Camp Sessions at your home.
If your campers want something or you have questions at any time, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to hear from you!
We are looking forward to an amazing summer with all our campers and their families! Welcome to Rent-A-Counsellor!
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
What is the age range suggested for this program?
Our counsellors provide a home-based outdoor, physically distant experience for your campers ages 4 – 13 years of age.
We also have a CIT program for those aged 13 – 15 coming soon!
What levels of program do you offer?
Geared towards younger campers with a love of multiple sports and games. Beginner programs have a strong focus on fun with some light skill building.
Geared towards campers who desire to improve their skills. Intermediate programs have a stronger focus on skill building with equal amounts of fun.
Geared towards sport specific campers who desire to place full emphasis on skills and training!
What is the timing of the sessions?
9 AM – 12 AM
11 AM – 2 PM
1 PM – 4 PM
4 PM – 7 PM
Session times can be flexible based on the families need and staff schedule. This must be requested and arranged through the camp office.
What do I need to have in place to make this successful for my kiddo?
How families can help even more!
To the greatest extent possible, we ask that families have as many of the following suggested items on‐hand and set up prior to our Counsellors arrival. This will help our staff to provide the best possible SUMMER CAMP FUN to your FAMILY!
- Any items that camper families need or want can be purchased through the camp TUCK SHOP.
- Empty driveway – cars parked in front of driveway for safety
At least 1 Empty car spot in garage (for a rainy day), or well‐cover area in the back/side yard.
- 6 Ft folding table.
- 2‐3 chairs
- Hand Sanitizer
- Enough room to be able to provide your programming choice, in your modified setting.
- Groomed grass for additional lawn play
- Groomed trees with no loose branches that can fall during programming
- Pets inside at all times
- No cell phones or other technology during camp sessions.
- Trampolines at residential homes are not permitted to be used during any RAC Programming
- Swimming Pools clean and maintained
- Campers and staff may not use vehicle transportation during any RAC programming sessions.
* At this time, our staff are not permitted to enter camper homes for any reason, including using the bathroom
How can we best prepare for CAMP DAY FUN!?
Please ensure that all campers attend camp daily with the following items. This will help maximize our time with them and provide parents with more uninterrupted time by helping to keep campers out of the house.
Campers are required to be equipped with the following items for each camp session:
- Water Bottle
- Hand Sanitizer
- Mask and gloves (if you choose to have your child wear them!)
- Extra clothing (weather permitting)
- Fully packed Lunch Bag or Snack Bag
- Closed toe footwear must be used for all Sport activities, which includes all non‐swim & non‐craft programs
- No cell phones or other technology during camp sessions.
What are the safety precautions being taken during COVID-19 and how do I ensure my child is safe?
This idea was born because we personally saw the devastation in our children when camp was cancelled due to the international health crisis. Kids need to be kids, cut loose and have some fun this summer and we are taking many precautions to ensure this can be done in a safe way:
- Counsellors and sports specialists have not travelled internationally since March 13 2020
- Counsellors and sports specialists are not spending time with individuals who exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 or other respiratory issues
- Counsellors and sports specialists will take their temperature prior to their visit
- Counsellors and sports specialists will not enter your home to use the washroom unless the family is comfortable with this.
- Counsellors and sport specialists will be using gloves, cloth face masks
- All camp staff will continue to practice physical distancing and follow all recommendations of the government of Canada
- Counsellors and sport specialists have received special training regarding COVID-19
Do you have a Counsellor-in-training program through RENT-A-COUNSELLOR?
Yes, we are currently working on a CIT program for those aged 13 – 15. Information will be posted on our programs page when available.
The set program times don't work for our family, is there any flexibility?
Yes! Session times and scheduling can be flexible based on the needs of both families and our staff. Special session time requests must be coordinated through our camp office at email@example.com.
What is your inclement weather policy?
If it is raining and/or an extreme heat advisory is in effect and camp sessions purchased are not able to run, parents or the camp office may cancel based on cancellations being received for a morning session by 8 AM, mid-day sessions by 10 AM, afternoon sessions by 12 PM or evening session by 3 PM.
All program cancellations require both an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a phone call to the camp office, or from the camp office.
All sessions will be rescheduled for another day, based on availability at that time.
What if we have to cancel due to an unforeseen event in our family lives?
Life happens, we get it! Things come up that you just can’t control and that is why we have flexibility for our families! Camp programs may be cancelled and rescheduled up until 3 PM the day prior without any penalties at all. Cancellations that happen after 3 PM are not offered this same flexibility as we have to be fair to our counsellors as well. However, as always, call us or email us with any concerns!